Human Caring Canada 2019
Since 2012, Watson Caring Science Institute (WCSI) has regularly convened or co-hosted international gatherings of human caring practitioners and influencers. These global conferences on human caring have taken place in Japan, China, South Africa, Italy, and Chile.
In September 2019, the Global Alliance for Human Caring Education (GAHCE) in partnership with the Watson Caring Science Institute will host the 6th Global Human Caring Conference – Human Caring Canada 2019 (HCC 2019). HCC 2019 will be in Canada for the first time!
HCC2019 will continue the WCSI legacy by dealing with pressing issues that continue to challenge health professionals (particularly, but not limited to nurses) and that prevent us from practicing, managing, and educating in our fullest capacity as human caring professionals. HCC 2019 will be an international forum where health professionals, researchers, policy-makers, academics, and students can focus on human caring in education and healthcare, with a particular emphasis on indigenous ways of knowing and being.
The theme of HCC 2019 is Health and Healing for All: Spirit and Science Converging to Transform Healthcare Systems. The HCC 2019 program is around sub-themes of Bridging and Exploring…
- caring and corporate models of care
- education and practice in nursing and other healthcare professions, with particular emphasis on the novice nurse
- capacities between hospitals, primary healthcare, community, and public health
- caring and technology
- humanistic practices in healthcare and education
- nursing’s influence in policy and decision-making
- cultural safety and humility
- indigenous perspectives to enhance healthcare systems and education
HCC 2019 will be a conference with a difference! To be held over two days in the beautiful Conference Centre of Victoria, British Columbia, it will deliver engaging, enriching, stimulating, and provocative plenary sessions, interactive oral presentations, electronic poster (E-poster) presentations, workshops, symposia, and facilitated world café discussions.
Our Program Committee is committed to designing a conference that will encourage interactive dialogue. Unlike so many other gatherings, HCC 2019 will de-emphasize the giving of information and focus on discussions about relevant issues.
As an addendum to HCC 2019, six ½ day pre-conference workshops will be conducted Sunday, 29 September 2019 – the day before the conference opening. Further details will be posted as the pre-conference workshops are developed.
Who Should Attend?
All health professionals who are interested in humanizing healthcare and education practice, particularly as it relates to transforming healthcare systems, should attend HCC 2019. The conference will be of particular interest to:
- nurses working in any setting,
- nurse educators and researchers,
- nurse administrators/leaders,
- decision and policy-makers,
- early career health professionals, and
- any health professional or student with an interest in transforming healthcare and education systems.